Only followers of this user (@MrDeeds1111) can see their posts

#WWG1WGA I don't even rank as a private but I consider myself a digital fighter cuz fook evil asshats. #FamilyIsEverything #GodWins

In response Mr. Deeds to his Publication

Just read an article where they wanna gene manipulate hens so that male eggs die & only female eggs survive & carry the gene themselves. Problem is the hens use toxins to kill the male eggs so the dead male eggs are toxic waste & there is potential for the toxin to get into humans. Why can't they just leave shit alone. God knew what he was doing these "scientists" are gonna kill us all.

In response Nunya Business to her Publication

Yeah why can't they just leave shit alone and continue to shredder hundreds of thousands of animals every day instead. Because that's so great and ethical.

#WWG1WGA I don't even rank as a private but I consider myself a digital fighter cuz fook evil asshats. #FamilyIsEverything #GodWins

In response J.J. Jameson to his Publication

Don't know why you responded to my post that way. What is your point?

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/genetically-engineered-transgenic-chickens/

The point is that as much as this sucks, the alternatives aren't great, either. You're aware of what happens to male chicks in the poultry industry, right? Which do you prefer?

Yes. The current culling of male chicks is appalling. But at least they are NOT toxic waste and can be used as animal feed so their death is not a complete waste. These scientists are monkeying with DNA & are potentially creating a huge problem! The male embryos are toxic and the female offspring are potentially passing off this toxin to humans in the female offspring/eggs as well. What are the ramifications of exposing HUMANS to these sex selective toxins? They state they don't feel it necessary to label these chickens as GMO so we would have no way of deciding for ourselves if we wish to be their guinea pigs. How about we leave DNA mutations alone and figure out a better way to manage male chicks?

Only people mentioned by @AAug22 in this post can reply

You can always just... not buy the product? In fact, if nobody did, we would not either of these solutions because the problem wouldn't exist.

I get your point and I see where you're coming from. I haven't looked into this so I can't make any guess on whether the toxin fear is justified, and I frankly don't care enough, either, because there is a very simple answer to not deal with this at all.

Not everyone has the ability (land, legal restrictions, etc) to raise their own chickens. Eggs are a great source of protein & other necessary nutrients & used to be very inexpensive for those on a tight budget. It would be wonderful if everyone could raise/grow all of their own food however not everyone is able. Chicken/egg is the most affordable meat source for most Americans, beef & seafood prices are just astronomical atm. I linked an article above discussing the negative potential to messing with chicken DNA. We could be more vocal demanding companies be more transparent & humane in their treatment of animals. Many people don't think about the original source of their food, for them it begins at the grocery store not at a farm.

(1) Show this thread