Father, Brother, Son…Freedom lover non conformist since Day 1. Friend till the end. #FamilyIsEverything.

“Living on a lighted stage
Approaches the unreal
For those who think and feel
In touch with some reality
Beyond the gilded cage

Cast in this unlikely role
Ill-equipped to act
With insufficient tact
One must put up barriers
To keep oneself intact” Rush Limelight

Only people mentioned by @Tired_of_2_Tiered_Justice in this post can reply

Father, Brother, Son…Freedom lover non conformist since Day 1. Friend till the end. #FamilyIsEverything.

in ur opinion. who are the maples and who are the oaks. thats been on my mind

Die Hard Patriot, Loving Husband, Father, Brother and Son - #WWG1WGA - 6 time Twitter Veteran - TEXAN

In response Tank Patriot to his Publication

After you responded, I had to think twice about it. All these years i just assumed we were the maples and the elite were the oaks. After revisiting the song now, you may have just flipped my thoughts on that. lol

Die Hard Patriot, Loving Husband, Father, Brother and Son - #WWG1WGA - 6 time Twitter Veteran - TEXAN

"There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream, "Oppression"
And the oaks just shake their heads
So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
They say, "The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light"
[ Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw"]

(2) Show this thread

i know them all. and closer to the heart. its one prophescy after another with Rush. “the holy trinity” of music

Their music always spoke to me. I started listening to them in Highschool in the late 80's. Got to see them play live as well. Alex wrote most of the lyrics is my understanding. Its like they were trying to wake us up back then...

(1) Show this thread