Love can build a bridge. Looking for individuals to help with construction. Contact your local We are ready centers to join.

I no longer believe in God because I fear damnation.

At one time that may have been the case but it is not so now.
I believe in God because through my long years I have tried to be a good man and time and time again I have failed. I have seen my deeds done with the best intentions turn into acts of hate and destruction.
I do not have the ability to become the man I truly wish to be, the man who longs for God and walks the righteous path. I am not that man, not now, not ever. It is only through God and with his help that I can ever hope to be anything close. This is the reason I believe in God.
I know that I would not want to be something better if there were not already something better to show me the way.
I seek forgiveness and knowledge because I want to be better with every fiber of my being. But I can not alone.
To know I am loved when I find myself unworthy of it is Godly.
This is why I believe.
May the Lord help us all become righteous.

What an interesting take yet so spot on. TY. God Bless You

In response John Qpublic to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @LooseHubcap in this post can reply

Love can build a bridge. Looking for individuals to help with construction. Contact your local We are ready centers to join.

In response Loose Hubcap to her Publication

Thank you, truth can hurt but it also heals. This is my truth. May God keep you until we all meet again.