I AM an optimist. I AM here for our children. Following Q since the first drop. I Trust the Plan. #Family is Everything. #LOVE wins.

There is a distinction between Science and Academia.

Free-thinker. Truth-seeker. Lifelong student. Curious. Proud wife of USAF Vietnam vet

In response Just Amom to her Publication

I'm wondering if this has been the response because of the overwhelming amount of information, much of it of dubious quality?
I went to school when even calculators weren't allowed, as not everyone had access to one. No internet. Libraries.

The only thing college gave me, really, was the tools and methods by which I could learn for myself. They emphasized process and analysis over facts. Moreso in the sciences than in the humanities, where it was more about regurgitating others' thoughts and quoting learned men. But an education was a preparation, not a fait accompli.

I've worked to remain open-minded and receptive to new ideas and change. A lot of older folks get jaded, having seen the same ideas recycled over and over... so younger people dismiss them and see them as rigid and unbending. Sad state of affairs. A balance of thoughts and experiences seems to be the best way to move forward. Fresh ideas, tempered by wisdom and experience.

I AM an optimist. I AM here for our children. Following Q since the first drop. I Trust the Plan. #Family is Everything. #LOVE wins.

In response Michele Jeanne to her Publication

I appreciate your thoughtful reply and have thought much about this question as it is personal for me.

Why are so many brilliant people missing the obvious?

Keeping an open mind, remaining humble, curiosity, a desire to learn even if it means being "wrong" would be the scientific approach. But somehow along the path I observe ego's blinders working, if not something else?... it appears that some top academics, if not consiously corrupt, must loose touch with intuition in order to maintain the aquired construct. Or is there more at play, some other control of consiousness we yet do not understand.

Would not most brilliant minds need to be reigned in and directed?

wwg1wga

Free-thinker. Truth-seeker. Lifelong student. Curious. Proud wife of USAF Vietnam vet

In response Just Amom to her Publication

I've been struggling with the same. Yesterday someone posted a link to this video, which has a superb discussion on the mass psychology going on. I'm still mulling it over, but my gut feel is that he is right on target. It explains so much about why otherwise intelligent people seem to be in full denial. I'm thinking more about how to engage folks, given this perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5bo_KFqgo

Dr. Reiner Fuellmich - Prof. Mattias Desmet (English) - YouTube

Mass psychology and the corona crisis.Dit is de originele video: https://odysee.com/@Corona-Ausschuss:3/sca63_converted_720p:0

Interesting discussion, what he says resonates
"In a trance", was a phrase used by another Dr in describing what he observed in collegues who seemed to have blinders to the harm they were part of perpetuating.
Thank you!

In response Michele Jeanne to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @wwg1wgaww in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Just Amom, click on at the bottom under it