In response Joyce Chandler to her Publication

My son began pursuing welding certifications via community college Applied Arts program when he was 17. Also began job as welder's helper. With 15 additional hours he was able to get his Associates in Welding Tech at 20 years old. At 21 same college system hired him as adjunct teacher in Welding . He simultaneously maintained his FT job as Welder/Fabricator /Shop Super and took on additional side work. He is now 25 and forming his own LLC with a couple partners because so many large companies are calling them individually for side work and they can no longer pass up the opportunities presented to them on weekly basis.

I started a folder in early 2000's and labeled it College NoGo and filled it with articles as I found them supporting my theory that my husband and I were not doomed to send our 6 kids to 4 year college. He is just one of our success stories. There are so many other ways to "credential" a young adult for gainful employment and/or entrepreneurship.

I forgot to mention that he only took the additional 15 hours because I asked the Dean what he would gain by getting his associates versus just walking with his school certs. He explained to me that the Associates would allow him to instruct @ $45/classroom hour. Very beneficial 15 hours even though they were the least tradesy ... English 101, College Algebra, Speech, and 2 Humanities.

In response Future Lori to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @FutureLori in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Future Lori, click on at the bottom under it