I am Sylvia Diane 🔥1221🔥 GOD WON ... HE HAS NEVER LOST A BATTLE He isn't about to start now It's time to talk to Jesus

If the truth shall kill them, let them die. Always learning & growing so never the same. Merely a humble student & no master.

In response Double Eagle to her Publication

I am one of 5 boys all right at 1 yr apart in age. We would all ride on the tailgate dragging our feet along on the road down dirt roads on family fishing outings...

I am Sylvia Diane 🔥1221🔥 GOD WON ... HE HAS NEVER LOST A BATTLE He isn't about to start now It's time to talk to Jesus

In response Yester Vue to his Publication

Sounds fun

If the truth shall kill them, let them die. Always learning & growing so never the same. Merely a humble student & no master.

It was the most rural county in Arkansas in the '70s and early ''80s...was like a Tom Awyer fantasy growing up there/then...yes more than once each of us had fallen off too! Went on many firewood cutting outings as well...truck piled up literally over the cab with wood and us all sitting on top of that! Bumper nearly dragging the ground...sigh.

Good Memories ...you had a good child hood

I wish every child could have grown up in a small rural town. But you couldn't get away with anything! EVERYONE literally knew one another since birth! I have been spanked by a neighbor for throwing rocks at her house and then got it worse at home! Not because I threw rocks, but my dad was so embarrassed I did something that a neighbor had to spank me he was furious with me! As teens getting pulled over for rowdiness & crazy driving was like having your uncle catch you cause we all knew the local officers like that. If you outran them in your car, they just went to your house and were having coffee with your folks waiting on you to come home, they everyone and every car and where it parked at night. But it was amazing...

That is great !!! Those are wonderful memories. Like the Walton life a bit.

My hometown population was just a bit over 500 people. I had 11 others in my Sr. class and the Jr.s only had 7 and NO BOYS! It was all girls! One gas station, one general store, and one mechanic...you couldn't steal anything unless you kept it in your house and only took it out under cover of darkness because everyone in town would see and knew exactly who it belonged to. No lie, the front door to our house had no way to be locked. We would leave town for a week and everything we had was behind a door that anyone could enter. You had to leave your keys in your vehicles like your work truck in the yard et. in case another family without a ride had an emergency and needed to use it for such. Damn...I should write a book! lol...

So in posts where I mention "I miss my America..." that is what I mean!

Only people mentioned by @realyestervue in this post can reply

Our school let out for a week on deer season opening if you wanted out to hunt it would be an excused absence FOR THE WEEK! If you bagged one, you could take it by the school and everyone in the building would roll out to see it on your tailgate...even the Principle! It would always be photographed and make it into the yearbook to that year. Oh, and by the whole school...I should mention that our school was K thru 12 all in one building. An old WWII-built school. I had a brother or cousin in every class from k thru 12 too when I was a Sr. My Sr. class was the last one from that bulding, then they consolidated the schools in my County.