Country Garden Lady, 🌻 PATRIOT WWG1WGA, Truth Seeker, Plant Seeds of Love 💚💙💜 TS @CountryGardenLady17 Twitter @nonedarecallit

In response The Mac to his Publication
In response Wandering Soul to her Publication

🙏🏻❤️

Only people mentioned by @TheMac in this post can reply

This facsimile copies of one of the paintings from Nefertari's tomb. In this vignette, the queen sits in front of a table playing a game of senet again(st) an invisible opponent. This was a popular game in life, but when represented in a tomb, as here, it has symbolic meaning. The word senet means "passing" and the game was seen as a parallel to the journey into the afterlife and the obstacles one had to overcome on the way.

I sing my song because the Earth sings; though the wind is hushed among the groves, it still plays with soft melodic gaiety.

The benevolent sky looks gently down, its breath stilled as it listens to the melody of the leaves.

The dew smiles in the morning, for it has captured the light of love from the stars.

My song is beautiful because my heart dances gladly in my bosom; its joyfulness conveys gay music to my thoughts and places endearing words on my lips.

(1) Show this thread