somebody PLEASE help! talk to me about this olastic snow that burns, doesnt melt, and smells like plastic, petrol, chemicals. i live on a farm in MN and just brought two chunks inside. burned them with a regular lighter for the grill and they both turned black and smelled awful. no melting water from either.

Only people mentioned by @SilenceDoGoodRN in this post can reply

Proud Veteran, Wife and Mom. Digital Soldier 🇺🇸 🐸 It’s 5 o’clock somewhere 🍻🌴

In response DoGood Agent 355 to her Publication

Same here and had my very doubting husband watch me do it. I was going to do it again but I thought twice about touching ans inhailing the fumes. It beats thr hell out of me.

I did this with our PA snow twice. Once with a candle and once with a lighter. The blackness happens because the fuel source doesn't burn clean. The smell comes from the fuel source. Do you want to prove this for yourself? Go get an icecube. Do the same experiment. It won't leave black soot because it's more concentrated and doesn't have all the little fissures to capture the spent fuel, but it WILL smell just like the snowball did.

In response Joe Jay to his Publication

As for the snowball melting, put it somewhere and give it a few minutes. If that snowball is still the same size in 10 minutes as it was when you brought it in, then yes we're having a weather apocalypse.

(1) Show this thread

same here in Texas

same here in Texas

same here in Texas