18 hours and we still have no power or water, but I cooked a dinner of chicken, charro beans, and biscuits on the charcoal grill, and we ate by the light of an old oil lamp. It reminded me of the olden days of when I was a young girl, and would sit around the oil lamp with my grandma๐Ÿ’•

The only thing missing is a source of heat since our house is all electric and no fireplace.

Only people mentioned by @Tnsfno20 in this post can reply

Wife. Mom of 5. Believer. Love freedom. Homeschooling mom. #MAGA #KAG #fightback

In response Just Me... to her Publication

Praying for you and your family! We are northeast of Plano & most of my friends are without power.

Mom, wife, hard worker at my FT job, monogrammer in my spare time, proud Trump supporter, and a proud patriot holding the line!

prayers...๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Christian patriot. Author raising awareness about child trafficking. Champion for the autistic. Advocate of domestic abuse survivors.

Prayers for warmth and safety. I live in mountains near Yosemite. We lose power every winter, multiple times, often for more than a week at a time, and have a wood stove. For those who live places where that kind of prep isn't the norm, my heart truly goes out to you. Dress in layers, eat often, stay hydrated. You may not be thirsty in the cold, so it sneaks up on you.

Oath Taker, Fighter for Freedom, and lover of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.

In response EPJones Author to her Publication

Thank you so much for your caring and sharing of helpful tips. It's been a few years since we have experienced anything this bad. While living in Oregon, this was normal for us, so we were adequately prepared with a generator, wood stove, and oil heat. However, being back home in Texas for the past 8 years we have relied solely on our all electric house. Today, we were quickly reminded that no matter what we have to stay prepared for anything. ๐Ÿ™

(1) Show this thread

Watching the grass grow is still more educational than watching MSM. Go in Peace. Proud Fiscal Conservative. โค๏ธmy country. Prayer warrior

prayers friend for quick recovery of electricity. hope not too cold in your area

Oath Taker, Fighter for Freedom, and lover of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.

In response Aunt Ro# to her Publication

Thank you, friend. It's currently 7ยฐ and expected to get down to -10ยฐ later tonight and we have more ice and snow on the way. I think we'll be ok. ๐Ÿ™

(1) Show this thread

I'm watching the movie of a lifetime, and I'm staying until the end! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ WWG1WGA

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™