This is why EV's blow up.
In what way and in what form does lithium react with water?
Lithium reacts intensely with water, forming lithium hydroxide and highly flammable hydrogen. The colourless solution is highly alkalic. The exothermal reactions lasts longer than the reaction of sodium and water, which is directly below lithium in the periodic chart.
2 Li(s) + 2 H2O -> 2 LiOH (aq) + H2(g)
This is why EV's blow up: Lithium reacts intensely with water, forming lithium hydroxide and highly flammable hydrogen.

Idk anything about this so I have a question. Is there any potential reaction between propane tanks in the garage and EVs? It seems there have been some fires where I wondered if that could have been an issue but I do not understand enough about it.

In response Every Time to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Fight_for_Life in this post can reply

In response Fight_for_Life to her Publication

The chemical property of Lithium, is that this element will EXPLOSIVELY react with water

Lithium + Water = Explosion + Chemical Fire.
(This is high school Chemistry, by the way)

Both the Lithium battery and propane tank are safe, unless the Lithium or propane somehow leak out.

We are seeing that there is a definite problem with EV Lithium batteries, and anyone can imagine scenarios where leakage could happen.

Maybe a specific kind of fire extinguisher should be standard in all EVs?

As for propane tanks, a good first step is to read the label to determine how to keep them safe.

I was here early in 2021, then got "spooked". I am back because I want to live. I read a lot. I observe. I listen. I have faith in us.

In response Every Time to her Publication

I will take your word on the high school chemistry, it has been a long time since I was there and I have not looked into EVs because I find the child exploitation in the lithium mines unpalatable and way too high of an opportunity cost. We all have our preferences.

(1) Show this thread