WELCOME TO NORWAY

I'm just Tone . Patriot. Knots a bit with the language -but clearly we communicate when there is A ❤️💯%

In response Noelle Noelle to her Publication

well..yes I live in western Norway (Haugesund) and over the mountains it can be wild and tough in the winter. I've experienced it there.

What if the snow falls. I mean, surely that's not stable.

In response 2ne FruAa to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @FightingIrishman in this post can reply

I'm just Tone . Patriot. Knots a bit with the language -but clearly we communicate when there is A ❤️💯%

In response FightingIrishman to his Publication

Well, it can slide, but the snow is hard packed and melts slowly in the spring. I have only driven over the mountain once at Easter time when the snow edge was almost as high as in the picture. And at the top there were skiers. (was in 1977)
I was young and with the courage of youth... we drive the Volkswagen Bubble.
Today, the road network is large tunnels going through the mountain.
Safer for traffic and people. (The part of the road that is outside the tunnels notices when it is snowing and blowing strongly. Then large special vehicles pick up a certain number of cars at the back of the convoy down to better access and visibility.

In response 2ne FruAa to her Publication

In case of bad and strong weather..mountain passes are closed until better weather..and until plowing is done.

(1) Show this thread