If the truth shall kill them, let them die. Always learning & growing so never the same. Merely a humble student & no master.

#FreeRomeo

This is bullshit too. This whole experience has me rethinking pets altogether. We just enslave animals and leave them sitting all day till we want/can be with them. I am changing my mind about ever getting another. I may just go to befriending the wilderness animals around me going forward.

https://x.com/urgentseas/status/1724570541384749532?s=20

It's still me, following my heart 🙂❤️ and something else 👉 https://anonup.com/thread/13230439 💥

In response Yester Vue to his Publication

Exactly.
Until everyone understands, that people are not above anyone and every living soul has the right to a dignified, free life and for equal treatment - nothing will change.
Every person who has a dog on a leash is disgusting to me - a rope around the neck and dragging the animal without the possibility of free choice. I always had an aversion to it, even as a little child.

I am not a "leasher". My dogs stay with me walking because they want to. And I would NEVER have one in a city where they could never run on open wild dirt in their lives. I hate collars on them. My dogs "accompany me" and we're together all day 24-7 so at least mine suffer a better life than most. We are literally a pack, they wedge against me for bed space alongside me every night as well. I have a sign on my door that says so too, they are family, and you are a visitor so if the dog is on the couch next to you no I won't make/ask them to move, and hope you have no pet hair issues! They'd fight to protect it, they get to sit in it where the hell they want!

PS almost 60-year-old farmer, I have had/been with dogs my whole life as they are also work animals/guardians in more rural settings. But they have always been "family".

In response eva amálka k...... to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @realyestervue in this post can reply

It's still me, following my heart 🙂❤️ and something else 👉 https://anonup.com/thread/13230439 💥

In response Yester Vue to his Publication

I was exactly the same as you. I raised two dogs in the village, among the woods, they responded to the intonation of my voice - no physical punishments, no leashes, collars, etc. They both listened to my word and did not allow a stranger to approach me closer than one meter.
Animals either respect one or they don't - and the respect of others can ONLY be earned, not forced.
I really appreciate your post.

If the truth shall kill them, let them die. Always learning & growing so never the same. Merely a humble student & no master.

In response eva amálka k...... to her Publication

Yes, their natural family-packing instinct is parallel with humans, almost identical. I used to have a giant dog, his head was 6'5" standing with his front feet on my shoulders. Mixed Wolf, Sheppard, Pyranese. We almost literally never used verbal communication. But I was a wild stout sunburned outdoor maniac who was always out of town in the forest if not at work in my late 20s in Colorado then. It took that kind of life to own that kind of dog. People need to think more before getting them as owners.

(1) Show this thread