But I have a caution. Even if the day comes when the governments of the major powers are prepared to confront Zionism it could not be taken for granted that Israel’s leaders would say: “Okay. We’ll do what you want.”

My reason for saying that is a statement Prime Minister Golda Meir made to me in one of my interviews with her for the BBC’s Panorama programme in 1972. At a point I said to her, “Prime Minister, I want to be sure I understand what you have just said… You did mean that in a doomsday situation Israel would be prepared to take the region and the world down with it?”

Without a pause for reflection Golda replied: “Yes. That’s exactly what I’m saying.”

That interview was broadcast on BBC 1 at eight o’clock on a Monday evening. An hour later The Times of London, then a seriously good newspaper, changed its lead editorial to quote what Golda said to me. It then added its own opinion – “We had better believe her.”

I did then and I still do.

Alan Hart, author of Zion

Alan Hart author of Zionism The Real Enemy of the Jews

AlanHart.net

In response Marty Goldman to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @MartyG in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Marty Goldman, click on at the bottom under it