#FamilyIsEverything. APL = 9.747/10 *Authorized conspiracy theorist *Not an authorized preacher.

Grew up not supposed to eat meat on Friday during lent. It was a big nono. I don't remember the year but one Friday during lent the church said they made an exception and you can eat meat that friday.

That began my journey of realizing Church has nothing to do with G_d.

Same with School. Felt like teachers were making up history on the fly.

The only true answers I could find were within my gut.

Trusting yourselves = Trusting G_d

In response Vincent Kennedy⍟ to his Publication

One problem with that logic: Matthew 18:18... Jesus, Son of God, said, "Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in heaven."

"Just" a Housewife Sorry i don't answer DMs

In response Hot Boudin to his Publication

How do you interpret that?

He gives that authority to the Roman Catholic Church. i.e. the Church has authority to forgive sins (and make rules).

In response Yankee Carolyn to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @HotBoudin in this post can reply

In response Hot Boudin to his Publication

Oh okay. So you're Roman Catholic? I understand that's what RC's are taught.
I was raised Lutheran and Lutherans don't recognize the pope nor the RCC as ever having been granted that authority.
I no longer attend any church though I believe in God and Christ. I believe the churches are all corrupted, but Lutheran church history begins with a Catholic monk protesting the pope in his time (c. 1517, and i think Pope Pius IX but nor sure). As an adult I was able to corroborate Lutheran history against secular history. And then RCC teaching (my mother, cousins, husband, inlaws, friends were all raised RC) against Scripture, where I believe the Bible over any man-made doctrine. In other words, i understand you believe the RCC has authority given it by God, but i believe they do only inasmuch as satan was allowed to rule "this" world after The Fall. I do not believe Peter was the founder of the RCC, as history is arguably not demonstrable of that. So you and I are both Christians, but we di

In response Yankee Carolyn to her Publication

*We're both Christians but we differ in some beliefs.

(1) Show this thread