PROUD to be an AMERICAN 🇺🇸 Navy Nurse Veteran🦅⚓️💫✨🇺🇸

“Today I adopted a human. It broke my heart to see him so lonely and confused. And suddenly I got his teary eyes to meet mine. I don't like the smell of sad. I wanted to jump on him so bad. He spoke to me with cuteness and I knew it, I had to rescue him!, that human needed me. So I bark with all my strength, I followed him blocks and blocks.

I got close, I could smell his hands. The human smiled for an instant and when he took me in his arms, I started to feel his ice cream heart warmed. I approached his cheeks and felt a tear roll on them. I looked at him deeply and his response was a brilliant smile. I jumped excited into his arms, I promised to behave, love him forever and never part with his side.

How lucky he was to go through that block, down that street and I feel lucky too.

There were so many people walking around and no one was looking at me. All worried, all in their troubles. Glad no one else chose me Today I saved a life. Today I adopted a human” 🐾 🐕

-author unk

Born a rebel, mom of 9, former ER/NICU/PICU/Peds nurse, now M.Ed. Spec Ed, anti-vax, off grid lover, Christ follower, won't tolerate BS...

In response Mare Qay - WWG1WGA! to her Publication

I'm not overly dog-lovey, I've had many dogs over the past 35 years as homesteaders and raising 8 kids ;) We had 6 dogs for the past 15 years, as we lose one we bring another in...we can't help it ;)

In 2018 I went into a pet store to get goldfish for my huge livestock watering trough (they eat algea/mosquito larvae). I walked in, walked by a long isle of puppies on the ground in 3 dividers with 5 puppies per section. Cute I thought, don't want or need any, but really cute.

The last section, there was a tiny little white puppy (American Eskimo). Blackest nose and eyes looking up at me, quivering, completely, totally overwhelmed with being there and wanting to die and be done with life. I connected with her on a level I have never connected with any other animal. I never buy dogs (we adopt), but I bought her ($ouch$!).

She helped me live the past 4 years, bad divorce after 34 yrs, severely abusive ex, scary times. She's saved my life and held my tears when I couldn't.

💖We are all God’s children.💖

In response Laurie Wilson to her Publication

Love is universal with animals, they melt. So wonderful that you bought her in that moment, she was yours and you were hers. Beautiful.

Born a rebel, mom of 9, former ER/NICU/PICU/Peds nurse, now M.Ed. Spec Ed, anti-vax, off grid lover, Christ follower, won't tolerate BS...

In response Anuenue Patriot to her Publication

What I saw in her eyes and her body language was what I was feeling in life too - I knew her suffering (being yanked from her mom, flown 10 hours 4 states over, driven 8 hours to the pet store, washed and dried and put out on display - she was shell shocked like me from abuse :(

I didn't even touch her or pick her up until I had paid for her, the store owner was shocked. I just knew she was mine. I didn't even know I needed her - but she's transformed my life and kept me sane :)

I've loved our other dogs, but not like this. I'm scared of losing her now. I swear we talk to each other and we know what each other thinks, LOL! When I leave, she stays in the front window until I come back, hours she waits, a few times she's been there for several days - doesn't do anything else, just sits there and waits. When I get home after 30 min or days, she does the same thing. Runs thru the house screaming and can't be contained. Never saw a dog like her before. Thankful she's mine 💖

You are so fortunate to have met her and rescued her. I have a good friend with a dog who is so similar in temperament but my friend is distressed and disappointed because it causes problems when they travel away from her dog, or have to be gone for an overnight trip. For me when I commit to another soul, an animal, I do all I can to honor their feelings, their loyalty. When I finally got to retire the cats were ecstatic to see me away from my work computer, around the house more. It took me four years to get over my work life, to recover and they had everything to do with my healing. I pray she is with you for a long, long time. It’s such a beautiful relationship. 💕

In response Laurie Wilson to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Anuenue in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Anuenue Patriot, click on at the bottom under it