Chiwaukee....Farmer, Construction, Dump Trucking, in that order. Blue Collar at its finest. I went to College, what a waste of money!

I'm going to put something a little profound out here...

I own a small business. I have 5 semis, dump trucks. I do pretty well in corrupt Illinois. My fuel bill is about $5K a week, my toll bill is $7.5K per month. I pay myself $1.04K (after taxes) per week as a single Mom in order to pay my bills and support my kids.

I give the Feds/State $700 per week from my check. That's 33%. I just cut a $39K check to myself on Wednesday to fulfill the tax obligation that my CPA said that I would owe. That, according to them fulfilled my 35% tax bracket obligation.

Let's do some basic math. 32 + 39 = 71/104 = 68%

Imagine that. I pay 68% of my earnings to tax.

Go Ukraine!

Agreed, I don't own a businesd but pay the same 68% via my property tax in support of the most awful school district and comminity college in the area. It's unfortunate because Illinois is a beautiful sate with so much potential if properly run. Elected officials, No guts, No glory.

Only people mentioned by @WWG1WGA in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from America First, click on at the bottom under it