Q, patriot, holistic healer for humans and dogs. Certified in dogs. I'll speak my mind no matter what. Be nice or get lost.

Is there any nurses or drs here? I need to ask a question about a certain test done...THANKS!

Luke 17:21 πŸ™β€οΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸΈ #FamilyIsEverything

In response Phantom Virus2020 to her Publication

I am Phantom. Ask away.

this is regarding my dog.. but had 2 needle aspirations over the course of 2 months. xrays head to toe, 2 sonograms..one on organs other on thyroid. Infection in one lymph node on neck, goes completely away with antibiotics. Comes back a week after off antibiotics. ALL TESTS WERE clear. both aspirations show INCONCLUSIVE. So with that said..they are basing all of this over ONE TEST..the needle aspiration yet she has no symptoms of anything. she's doing great with exception of lump that returns. Can you explain that? IMO a bad bacterial infection which the needle aspiration has definitively found. SEE under Comments:

In response New Years Day to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Phantomvirus2020 in this post can reply

In response Phantom Virus2020 to her Publication

I'm not a vet, but what I'm understanding is that the lump returned after antibiotic treatment, and the aspirate report is saying it is most likely a bacterial infection but squamous cell CA cannot be ruled out. If I'm misunderstanding let me know.

So the aspirate should have been sent for culture and sensitivity, because if a particular bacteria is not sensitive to the antibiotic that was prescribed it can persist or return. I can't tell from this report if culture and sensitivity was done?

The report is saying that a bacterial infection is the most likely diagnosis. The problem is that, at least in people and I would think dogs too, the aspirate should ideally be sent for culture and sensitivity before antibiotics are started, and once they are started it's more difficult to grow anything out in culture, although they can aspirate again and try.

I would think they would just try a different antibiotic, perhaps a stronger one, and see what happens. You could always biopsy la

if different antibiotics don't work.

Q, patriot, holistic healer for humans and dogs. Certified in dogs. I'll speak my mind no matter what. Be nice or get lost.

You are over the target. that's exactly how this was said to me today. You hit it on the head. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is responding to the antibiotics i just think it needs to be given longer. as the vet explained it today, it may be due to her age that her immune system isnt strong and the antibiotics longer term are needed. A 4 yr vet called and left me a message yesterday over this aspiration..WE been seeing him...he said HIGHLY LIKELY that its cancer. ALL TESTS such as sonograms, xrays find another aspiration early on showed NOTHING. so it pissed me off that he called and left that message. this is what triggered me to ask for a dr or nurse to break this down in English to me. TODAY we seen my old vet (22 yrs experience). he's a lazy vet but but we know him and i wanted him to tell me this was cancer..and i said show me the proof. There is NONE. he knew it. anyway... Where were you last night? LOL this is what i needed to hear and know. So thank you. spot on......TY!!!!!!

(2) Show this thread